The main building still does not have any electricity and is lit witth hundreds of candles. Part of the out buildings house the world's oldest Jewish library, Ets Haim.
|Amsterdam Portugese Synagogue|
|Amsterdam Porgtugese Synagogue|
- Your ticket to the Jewish Historic Museum includes entrance to the Portugese Synagogue
- take the free audio tour
- visit the downstairs chamber of treasures
- Remember it is a working Synagogue and is closed early on Friday and all day Saturday.
- Men must wear a Kipa/Jarmulka hat (these are provided at entrance)
- Each year the Synagogue is filled with live jazz music. Combined with the candle light of the main room of the Synagogue this is a must visit if you are in the area.
- Yummy falafel and kosher wine is also served in the courtyard for a price. Get there early as they always sell out.
- Check out our museumnacht blog from two years ago which included the Protugese Synagogue.
When in Amsterdam...enjoy!